Monday, May 18, 2009

Back in the Jungle Again ... I think

22,000 miles in 10 days. Make that daze.

That's what I did at the end of April.

I left Siem Reap and headed home at the end of April. My godson, Adam, was graduating from Clemson University and there was no way we were going to miss that. I was home for 72 hours and we flew from LA to Charlotte.

Adam graduated on the 8th of May. We got to have a good few days with him. He and I played golf on a really beautiful course that Clemson owns. I haven't picked up a stick in over 8 years. And even then I didn't play a full 18. I shot a 105 and beat Adam by 3 strokes. I was pretty pleased. Kids 23....I'm ... well ... a lot older than 23.

Jill and I got to spend a nice weekend at a beautiful B&B in Davidson, NC. Davidson is right out of a tourbook. It is charming. I would move there in a heartbeat. We even looked at condos.

Then we flew back to LA, where I spent the night at LAX and left the next morning for Cambodia. I'm still not sure what day it is.

Things are going better over here.

CSHD has completed clearing its 2nd village, and begins its 3rd this week. Ive been trying to update the website, but for some reason I can't. I'm having to re-import the entire site and that could take me in excess of 8 hours with the absolutely feenominal bandwidth they have here in Siem Reap.

I'm a little annoyed......

We have the Kokchombok bracelets all set to sell, and can't get them on the site. Sheesh.

Our newest village, Daearv, is north of Siem Reap on the way to Anlong Veng. The village chief asked us today if we could raise enough money to help them finish a new Pagoda.

They need $1,000. And you get your name on the Pagoda.

Look at it this way. You're gonna cover a lot of bases here what with the karma you can get for helping a small village get a new pagoda.

Well, I am about out of battery juice and the bandwidth still stinks. So I am gonna go back to my guest house and have dinner.

Babu from the Jungle........

No comments: